Monday, May 4, 2009

Relay for Life

My friend, Suzi, has invited me to participate on her Relay for Life team this year. I'm so excited! It's a great way to spend time with friends, old and new, while helping out a great organization, The American Cancer Society. It brings more than 3.5 million people from 4,900 communities across the country together each year to celebrate the lives of those who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against a disease that takes too much.

The Relay takes place in NOVA May 30th from 6pm to 8am. Yes, you read that correctly, I will be pulling an all nighter. Something I haven't done since I was 13 at a slumber party, freezing bras, and prank calling strangers (is your refrigerator running...well you better go catch it!). But this time I'm staying up for a good cause. We will be hitting the pavement at a local high school track and walking throughout the night in shifts. There are also lots of events scheduled throughout the night to help us stay awake. I have my eye on the hula hoop contest, 3 legged race, and pizza party!

Please click here to visit my personal page and help raise money for my team. You can also click here to find out information on a Relay in your area.

I'm walking in honor of my grandmother, who is currently battling Ovarian cancer, my dear friend, Christina, who won her battle and has been cancer free for 3 years!!!, and my biological father, who lost his battle December 24, 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment