Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Seaside, Florida is a beach community on the Florida panhandle in Walton County. I've never been but the pictures look nice. I also like their motto, learn to feel small again. This beach town was the inspiration for the town in The Truman Show.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Markus' made a list of his own. I'm just glad boating isn't buy a boat!
5. Proclaim your love publicly by saying things like “we will never get divorced”, or “that won’t happen to us”. Once those words leave your mouth you might as well contact your divorce lawyer. Never say never.
4. Renewing your vows because the first ceremony wasn’t lavish enough. Not judging, just saying Jon & Kate did it and look where it got them.
3. Get married spontaneously in Vegas. This scenario works out for no one except Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz and that was because it was a Hollywood movie. Unless you were already planning on getting married, avoid quickie Britney Spears weddings at the Little White Chapel.
2. Get tattoos together. Especially matching ones, names, initials, or some other crap celebrities do. The only thing permanent in this scenario is the ink you just put on your body.
1. Get your own reality show. Enough said.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
Other than that, it's been a normal work week. Oh yeah, I did get to attend a fundraiser for our mayor Wednesday night. It was a who's who of local politicians and high ranking city officials. Not really my cup of tea but the food was really good and it was open bar!
Let me sleep woman!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
A girl can dream and this girl dreams BIG!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
click photo above for larger view
1. The Sak - convertible satchel
2. Kate Spade - union square cross-body mini phoebe
3. Matt & Nat - oversized pleated satchel
4. Kate Spade - union square simone satchel
5. Kate Spade - union square opus
6. Anthropologie - much obliged shoulderbag
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Lindsay looked gorgeous in her fuchsia dress. She had that pregnancy glow. I wish I had a picture to show but I was a bad host and forgot to take pictures. Carlos was drawn to the kids, especially the babies, and they were drawn to him as well. He is going to be a great father, it just looks effortless with him. I can't wait to meet Phillip Gabriel and Carlos Oliver in July. They are already loved by so many and are blessed to have such a wonderful family anticipating their arrival.
This past weekend I attended a bachelorette party on the Chesapeake Bay celebrating the final days of Misty being Ms. Morton. Misty's maid of honor has a house down on the bay and was nice enough to have Misty and 14 of her closest friends down for the weekend.
Monday, June 15, 2009
We get the test results today to see if the 2nd round of chemo worked. As I type, she is in the hospital for the 2nd time in a week fighting pneumonia. I talked with her today and even though her voice sounded a little weak her spirit was still there. She was already looking toward the future and making plans to continue our baking lessons. She said the hospital wasn't exactly where she wanted to spend the weekend but it was nice to get some rest and be so well taken care of.
Friday, June 12, 2009
That's Charlie, wishing everyone a fabulous weekend!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Our camp site
I didn't really know what to expect about this event. I was nervous about staying up all night and if I could really do it. I knew that there would be the adrenaline rush in the beginning but was worried about the hours between 2 and 6 a.m. Fortunately, the event planners had plenty of activities throughout the night to keep us awake. When we weren't walking on the track we were sitting around our "camp" talking, playing games, and EATING! There were tons of kids at the event which made it very lively and also helped us stay awake. They were in the field between tents playing all kinds of games. Christina introduced me to a game called AC/DC which I swear is a made up Liberti game b/c she kept adding rules as we played. Around 2 a.m. there was a lip syncing contest for all of the kids. This was VERY entertaining. Most of the groups had choreographed dances and costumes. One of my favorite performances was a group of 4 boys lip syncing to Journey "Don't Stop Believing". Here is a clip from their performance, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Unfortunately, our event was cut short and ended at 5 a.m. due to inclement weather. Christina and I had just gotten in the tent to take a cat nap when it was announced that lightening was showing up on the radar. Not a good thing when you have 800 people in an open field with metal tents. Everyone had to scramble to get their camps packed up because soon after the announcement was made it started to rain. Markus swears it was his mom who showered us at our wedding and now he is convinced it was her Saturday night saying hello and making sure we knew she was present. It's good to know someone up there is showering us with love!
Thanks to all who contributed to our fundraising and made this event possible. I'm already looking forward to our next Relay. Hopefully next time we will be able to make it to the end!