Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Photography & Family

I have been having so much fun with my camera. Best birthday present, ever! I love to take it out in the yard whenever I have a spare moment. I never know what I'm going to find out there. The dogs can be awfully cute when they are playing but it's so hard to capture it on film. My favorite thing to photograph so far has been my garden. The camera does the work for me.

Here is a snap of the basil from my garden. I have never had such luck with basil as I did this year. I put it in a galvanized watering trough along with some other herbs. I had to let it flower b/c the branches were getting so tall. It has been awesome having so much on hand, I'm going to miss it this winter.

Markus and I are having a competition to see whose tomatoes do better. I put mine in the backyard and he put his in the side yard. He is winning.

This is a hummingbird that lives in my Ficus tree. He has been in it for 5 years and hasn't fallen off yet!

Mom was watering my tomatoes and I just thought this looked cool. I tried to get a closer shot but it didn't come out that great.

The heavens at dusk. I love the way the light from the flash bounces off the lower limbs.


I'm having a hard time with people though. Can't really get the angle or the lighting right but I'm working on it. The class I wanted to take at the Visual Arts Center is full and there isn't another one until the fall so it looks like I'm on my own for a while. Which is fine because I'm having so much fun in auto. I can only imagine the possibilities in manual. Or when I can learn to edit photos beyond black and white.

Last week was my moms 53rd birthday. Doesn't she look good for her age?

I had a little get together at our house for her. Buz & Ned's barbecue, Baskin Robbins ice cream cake, and balloons.


I had the camera around my neck pretty much the whole night. I'm sure people are going to get tired of me taking their picture but I just can't help myself. You never know when you are going to get a great shot and practice makes perfect. Or in my case, decent.

Granddaddy and Meme enjoying cake. And, if you look closely you can see Jeopardy in the background. Granddaddy never misses Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy!

Can you tell we are related?

No comments:

Post a Comment