Monday, September 21, 2009

Oh, The Places You'll Go!

So, besides vacationing, what else have we been up to the last month? A lot! August was a very busy month. Let me see if I can remember it all. Okay, it's starting to come back to me. I remember a wedding, a lot of birthdays (including mine), starting school for the first time in 11! years!, and another vacation.

I'll start with the wedding of Misty and Ryan Cartwright in Nags, Head, NC. I drove down on a Friday night and got there in time to see the bride and groom before the big day. Misty was all smiles and so excited! The wedding took place on the beach and it brought back memories of our beach wedding, except it was sunny. Here is a shot I got of them right after the ceremony ended. I love the look on each of their faces. It fits their personalities so well.

Markus had to work that weekend so technically I did not have a date. However, there were a few single ladies that filled his shoes and we just as fun! The whole weekend was a blast, the Carwright/Morton's really know how to throw a party. Congratulations, Misty & Ryan!


There were also lots of birthdays to be celebrated. It appears I like to hang out with my sign; The Virgo. All 4 of the ladies pictured above had a birthday in August/early September. I turned the big 30! Which was a lot of fun, as most birthdays are. I like to spread it out and celebrate all week so the festivities started the weekend before my birthday with a couples dinner hosted by Suzi and Christina. Christina went all out with food, even making me a chocolate ganache and raspberry cake by scratch! The next night we had a girls night out at one of my favorite spots in my neighborhood. I was super excited to have everyone there, thanks ladies!




Happy Birthday to all my fellow Virgo peeps; Erin, Suzi, Lindsay, Reilly, Alexa, Courtney, Teri and Jennifer. And, twins Capri and Weber turned 1!

One more thing that I think is worth celebrating. I am FINALLY going back to school. Something I have wanted to do for a long time but never had the courage or guts to do until now. I enrolled in 1 class at University of Richmond, School of Continuing Studies to get my feet wet. I hope to take 2 classes next semester and will be working towards my Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree. School started August 24th and so far so good. Wish me luck on my mid-term next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment