Monday, August 10, 2009

Music Monday: Weeds

I blogged a few weeks ago about how the Showtime series, Weeds, wasn't all I was hoping for in the 5th season. But it has redeemed itself. We caught up with episodes 8 & 9 last week and the Botwin family is back in full swing. One of the best things about the series (besides Mary-Louise Parker) is the music. It's quirky, fun, and fits perfectly to what is happening in each episode. I think there are 3 soundtracks that have been released but you can also download music not found on the soundtrack on iTunes.

Something I am missing this season is the Malvina Reynolds song titled "Little Boxes" that was used as the first three seasons opening credit. Malvina's recording was used for season 1 and then to switch it up in seasons 2 & 3 they had the song covered by various artists. My favorite is still Malvina's but if you like this, check out the other covers. Artists who covered the song include Elvis Costello, Regina Spektor, and Jenny Lewis! The song was written in 1962 and holds true more than ever in today's ticky tacky society. Nothing against the 'burbs, I'm just saying :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment