Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Song of the day

I love music. I listen to it 80% of my day. I listen to my iPod while I'm getting ready in the morning (if Markus isn't asleep), I listen to Pandora Radio at my desk, and then I usually have my iPod on in the house while I'm doing chores, cooking, reading, etc. Music is such a personal thing and you can usually tell my mood by the type of music I'm listening to. Not many of my friends have the same taste though. There are a few, one of them being Jenny. We worked together a few years ago in an office where it was just the two of us and sometimes our boss. We'll call him satan. When satan wasn't in the office Jenny and I would crank up the music as loud as our computer speakers would go and jam out to all kinds of tunes. That was one of the only things I liked about that job.

This week has been a diffucult week for me. I'm adjusting to being back at work after vacation, Markus being gone, and work is kind of sucking at the moment. So on my drive back from lunch I decided to randomly pull a cd out of the case and pop it in without looking. I like to do this every once in awhile to mix things up. I'm crazy, I know. The cd I pulled out was perfect for my mood today; Coldplay Live 2003. I love the live rendition of Politik on this album. It opens as soft music, then after a minute it sounds like Chris Martin is banging on the piano with a hammer. I saw them live a few years ago and in person it looks like he is humping the piano. And the louder the music, the better. So I cranked it up and listened to it as loud as my little speakers would go and I'm feeling a little better now.


What do you like to listen to when you're having a bad day?

No comments:

Post a Comment