Friday, April 24, 2009

Taking the plunge

I set up this blog in January but have been too afraid to post anything. It's a little scary putting yourself out there but I love reading blogs and think it's a great way to journal your life in the present. Recently I read a fictional book called "Still Alice" about a woman who is diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's disease at the age of 50. I had no idea Alzheimer's struck at such a young age. It got me thinking about all the memories my brain has collected over the years and how precious they are. All the little details that make life so special and especially the way you are feeling at that particular time are so hard to hold onto. I am terrible at keeping up with photographs in a systematic, chronological order. Markus and I have a joke whenever we go somewhere meaningful to collect things and "put it in our scrap book". I have been collecting these things for four years now with the intention of making some sort of memory box or scrapbook but doubt it will ever happen. I haven't even uploaded the pictures from our wedding because there are so many and the thought is overwhelming. So this blog with be a virtual scrapbook of our lives from this point forward that we can share with our friends and family and hopefully one day look back on and remember what we were like as newlyweds. I wish I had started it sooner but there's no time like the present!

*Disclaimer - I am terrible at grammar and spelling. I had to Google a few words to make sure I was spelling them correctly. I like to type as if I were having a conversation, not writing a term paper. I am also from The South and use words a little different than most. I see this as a positive characteristic and hope you do, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment