Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wetting the whistle

Just because I haven't personally blogged, doesn't mean I haven't been reading them. Especially design blogs. I just can't help it, it's in my blood. Here are some things I have found to tide me over until I can work on my own home again. Hope you find them as inspiring and mouth watering to look at as I do.

Have you seen the movie, It's Complicated? I was in awe over the set design and was anxiously awaiting for Julia over at Hooked on Houses to do a Movie Monday on the set. She dug up a few visual stimulating photos to hold us over until the DVD comes out later this year. You can check it out here.


Don't tell my husband, but I already have ideas for a kitchen like this in our next house (and maybe our current, shhhhh).

And just today I saw a post over at Design Sponge on a swoon worthy office. Who wouldn't want to come to work everyday with digs like this?

And my favorite Interior Designer/blogger/new mama, Erica over at Urban Grace Interiors blogged about Birmingham Architect Bill Ingram's lake house that was featured in Cottage Living (it has also been featured in many other publications, check out the links under publications for more pictures and details). I fell in love with the play of bold textures, dark wood, and soft hues immediately.



And those striped hardwood floors are making me consider painting ours. Hmmm...

p.s. I never know the proper way to give credit to images/ideas found on other web sites. My purpose is to share, not offend so If this is your work and you do not want it displayed, please let me know.

p.p.s. We are learning idioms in my strategic reading class. Don't you like how I have incorporated it into my day-to-day living? My teacher would be so proud ;).

3 comments:

  1. OMG, yesterday I saved those 3 exact images because I loved them so much!! haha, great minds think alike huh? Glad to have you blogging again. Oh how I've missed your updates! -susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...about painting your floors...NOT. I'll wax 'em but I ain't a paint'en 'em!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Color me jealous over that office....

    ReplyDelete